Set up your environment and start building.
Dip into the rich set of Flutter widgets available in the SDK.
Bookmark the API reference docs for the Flutter framework.
What’s new on flutter.io
November 5, 2018
Welcome to the revamped Flutter website!
We’ve spent the last few months redesigning the website and how its information is organized. We hope you can more easily find the docs you are looking for. Some of the changes to the website include:
- Revised front page
- Revised showcase page
- Revised community page
- Revised navigation in the left side bar
- Table of contents on the right side of most pages
Some of the new content includes:
- Deep dive on Flutter internals, Inside Flutter
- Technical videos
- State management
- Background Dart processes
- Flutter’s build modes
If you have questions or comments about the revamped site, file an issue.
New to Flutter?
- Flutter for Android developers
- Review these tips if you have Android experience.
- Flutter for iOS developers
- Review these tips if you have iOS experience.
- Flutter for Web developers
- Review these HTML -> Flutter analogs if you have web experience.
- Flutter for React Native developers
- Review these tips if you have React Native experience.
- Flutter for Xamarin.Forms developers
- Review these tips if you have Xamarin Forms experience.
- Building layouts in Flutter
- Learn how to create layouts in Flutter, where everything is a widget.
- Adding interactivity to your Flutter app
- Learn how to add a stateful widget to your app.
- A tour of the Flutter widget framework
- Learn more about Flutter’s react-style framework.
Want to skill up?
Once you’ve mastered the basics, try these pages.
- A (growing) collection of recipes that address common Flutter use cases.
- Sample apps on GitHub
- A (growing) collection of sample apps that show Flutter best practices.
- Adding assets and images in Flutter
- How to add resources to a Flutter app.
- Animations in Flutter
- How to create standard, hero, or staggered animations, to name a few animations styles that Flutter supports.
- Navigation and routing
- How to create and navigate to a new screen (called a route in Flutter).
- Go global! How to internationalize your Flutter app.
- Effective Dart
- Guides on how to write better Dart code.
Dive deeper into topics that interest you.
- Flutter Widget inspector
- How to use the widget inspector, a powerful tool that allows you to explore widget trees, disable the “DEBUG” banner, display the performance overlay, and much more.
- Custom fonts
- How to add new fonts to your app.
- Text input
- How to set up basic text input.
- Debugging Flutter apps
- Tools and tips for debugging your app.
This is not a complete list. Please use the left navigation, or the search field to find other topics.